Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What I Learned In This Class

Hello Everybody,

I would like to start by saying that I greatly enjoyed this class and I am looking forward to using the skills I have learned in my future career. I think the most interesting thing I learned this quarter is the power of the consumer. It is amazing to me how much influence consumers have on the purchase decisions of other consumers, and this is all facilitated through social media. I have seen the power of the consumer in my own personal life, especially when I text friends or post a status asking whether or not I should buy a specific product. They say yes, I do. They say no, I don't. I also have been able to apply the power of the consumer to my new job. I work in retail, and I have already had customers come to me saying they were a friend of another customer and had heard great things about me as a salesperson. I really enjoying seeing this idea in real life.

The second thing I loved about this class was the inspiration it gave me to fully utilize Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. I will admit that I already had a Facebook and Twitter account, but many things from this class taught me how to use them properly. I "cleaned up" my Facebook in a sense and am much more aware of what I post on my wall and what type of photos I post. I also try to Tweet on a regular basis, which has upped the people I am following and the people I follow. Finally, I was able to learn how to use LinkedIn in this class and created my own account. I have been able to connect with many people professionally, and I even had a recruiter seek me out on LinkedIn.

Finally, I have thoroughly enjoyed what we have learned about Mobile Marketing in this class, and how companies can use apps to post daily deals and to help get the consumer involved in their brand. It is true that so many people these days have Smart Phones where they can access the internet at the touch of a button, so people are always connected. As a result, companies should focus on being mobile so they can always be connected to their consumers as well. Anyways, I really enjoyed this class, thanks so much for everything!

Rache

No comments:

Post a Comment