Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Blog #17 – What have you learned from this class? (Final Post)

I have learned so much from this class that there’s no way I will be able to put it all down, but here it goes…


I have learned:


1. Facebook is can actually make its users more productive.


2. People just want to feel like they are a part of something bigger.


3. Companies with a conscience really do make a difference.


4. Being interesting is the basis for success.


5. Simple and free tools, such as tell-a-friend forms, can end up making your business successful.


6. Social media is here to stay; it’s an epidemic.


7. What “Twitter” is.


8. Blogging is much more popular that I had once thought.


9. Consumers are now in control.


10. Something as simple as a thank you note sent out to loyal “talkers” can become the difference in WOM marketing.


11. What “QR codes” are.


12. Much of the implements social media and WOMM offers are completely free.


13. What “LinkedIn” is.


14. What “Groupon” is.


15. Online, everything lives forever – so be careful what you put out there.


16. “Are you on Facebook?” is the new “What’s your phone number?”


17. Customer service is the key to survival.


18. Full disclosure could be the difference in owing thousands of dollars.


19. 1 in 4 Americans have smartphones.


20. I’m a lot better at creating campaign ideas than I had once thought.


21. Interactivity or an engaging experience will keep site visitors coming back; two-way communication is what the people want, not to be told what they want.


22. The different forms of digital property and what they cover.


23. The newly constructed facets of mobile marketing.


24. Websites need to have navigational flow.


25. The internet has changed virtually all aspects of the business world.


I’m sure as soon as I publish this I will think of even more of what I have learned from this class, but this is a quick overview of what I have learned from the resources we have read in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment