Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Closure for WOM class

This class is unlike any other class that is boring,so "in the box", and useless I should say. MKTG 491 class taught by Professor Barnes has been very useful for me that I can use and benefit me in my future career. Actually, I have used some of the lessons taught in this class and gave my brother some ideas to spark up his business' marketing section. I gave him the idea of putting QR codes in several items, ideas of making apps and to use LinkedIn to recruit potential staffs. He loved my idea and I quote "to the max" and in return, he gave me some of my favorite material goods in the world. So basically the lessons taken from this class has benefit me even before I start working.
There are so many things that I learn in this class but these are the remarkable ones (for me):
  • Ethical standards
  • CRM
  • Evolution in technology world
  • Mobile marketing
  • Be out of the box or you wont win the prize (can be money/customer and much more)
  • Honesty and Credibility is very important
  • Take advantage of the booming social media and social networking websites
  • Build and maintain relationship as it will lead to loyalty and free markeing (WOM)
  • Be everything or nothing
I am very happy that I took this class. I have not only learn lessons taught in this class;however, this class has brought me great, unique ideas that I will never have thougth of if I hadn't take this class. Basically,it was very exciting (none of a dull moment), useful (for now and later) and worth of the tuition fee,it is as simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment