Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What I have learned

Much like my personal selling class with Mike Eguchi last quarter, this class has been in constant application at my internship with NWIRP. I enjoyed this class because I was able to move outside of theory and actually test concepts in real life to assess their potential for success.

Though my time at NWIRP will be ending soon, the lessons I learned from reading Sernovitz and from the class lectures were valuable and new. I have a whole new approach when it comes to marketing that emphasizes the importance of the consumer and deconstructs traditional precepts about target marketing.

It's exciting to look at my future profession with new eyes, and to share with others what I have learned about the relevance of social media. I had initially approached entities like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn with caution, but after learning the exponential benefits that can occur just from engaging others, I am more inspired than ever to use social media now and in the future (Though I haven't really gotten around to using the Twitter account I created).

I have also learned that innovative ideas are not complex or expensive, the best ideas are simple and easy to communicate. The best ideas are accessible. Thanks prof. Barnes for an amazing class!

No comments:

Post a Comment