Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What I learn in this class

I really like all the articles, data and statistic that bring up the facts about recent marketing and digital trends. It is very interesting to know about all the changing consumer behaviors and how marketers need to adapt to this change. After studying this class, the concept of word of mouth marketing becomes more concrete in my mind. I understand how affective and effective word of mouth marketing can bring to businesses. Traditional way of marketing is always about money, however, by understanding and knowing the current trends, marketing is not about money and one way communication anymore. It is all about relationships and conversation. It is very important to monitor every steps for a business now because even one unfavorable comments can impact the business because of the word of mouth.

On the other hand, I was really surprised by the statistics that showed the huge number of Americans are watching videos everyday. This is becuase personally I am not using YouTube a lot and do not know that YouTube can also be a very valuable platform and channel for marketing a product. And I learn from the class on the criteria on how to create a good and remarkable video which is all about fun and entertaining. Moreover, this class also teach me on how to get people involved in the discussion and how to get people's attention on your company. People want to have good feeling, they want to have the feeling of important.

In addition, taking this class allows me to come across some downside of social media and learn how to tackle the problems. And also, I personally feel that as a marketers, we need to keep up to the steps and have to be quick adapters. Otherwise, you will be the one who left behind and may lost in the entire competition. And nowadays marketing are not just existed for providing prduct information to the public but more importantly a more public relationship initiate.

No comments:

Post a Comment