Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chapter 7 book review

Design for the slowest user
I think this is a good concern for my client’s customers because half of her audiences are baby boomers, and I believe that they know how to use computer and internet, but they won’t pay a high speed connection for the internet. Therefore, I think when we design the webpage; we need to be careful about what we upload on the website. For example, we would like to upload picture which the size won’t bigger than 1MB. Also, if we put the Youtube video on website, we won’t set up a video to play automatically. Also, we won’t use Flash to create website; we would use HTML style to set up the website. These tools could help the slowest user (internet).

Self-service

In the book, the author states that some people want to log on, find information and more thru the interest or email. Therefore, I think that my clients should set up the email box on the website; therefore, consumers can send email directly to my client instead of open a new page and email by asking questions. I think this step will make people to ask questions or contact my client instead of being lazy and forget about contacting my client.

Connect, create, enjoy, learn and trade
Connect: Since consumers still use email to interact with companies, I suggest that my client should send customers email by reminding them my client business. We only send it twice a month or any holiday. Also, whenever we have finished the services, we will send email to our customers about our appreciation.
Create: Setting up Facebook and Linkedin which my client’s customers can share their picture or comments on my client’s social network which can interact together.
Enjoy/learn: I suggest my client that she should put some tips and interesting picture on website which customers can learn something in the interesting way. She should update at least twice a month.
Trade: Since my client provide customers’ services, she can’t use this method.

No comments:

Post a Comment