Thursday, April 21, 2011

Socialnomics (chapter 1-4)

In less than three years social media became the most popular activity on the Web. Social media is global in nature, it enable users to stay connected with their friends and family who are geographically separated. It allows users to easily stay abreast of people that they want to stay connected with via casual observation. My personal example, my parents and family are all in Taiwan, I can’t call them at anytime I want because we have different time zones. Also, it is very expensive to call oversea. However, We use Facebook to keep in touch and share pictures. On Facebook, We can easily to make comments or share pictures with my family such as my mom, my dad and my cousins. In the pass, I need to send the email to each of them but now I can share with them by uploading my pictures on Facebook. Social media makes everything easier and faster. YouTube is all about-namely that anyone who has a good idea can take that idea and make it happen. Lots of producers discover talented performers on YouTube. This is why people start to post their performing video on YouTube because they might have an opportunity to become famous.

Social media helps companies save time on finding customers’ problems. For example, companies can easily view customers’ online feedback to know what the problem is. Companies have more time to focus on solving t the problem rather than spending time finding the problem. Social media enable customers to instantly post what they like and don’t like about anything from products to government. Companies and government are earlier to hear from customers and makes themselves more competitive by improving their products and services in the eyes of the consumer. It is why many of country’s presidents start to use Facebook because they not only can send messages to people but also they can hear from people’s feedback.

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment