Thursday, April 21, 2011

Blog post 7

Time became more productive

I totally agree that social media helps us connect with each other globally and make us more productive. We could turn our waiting in-line time/ or travelling time into productive time to update our friends status and know what they are doing/ what is happening to them? Also, It is true that a simple facebook status might help two old friends to meet up even they haven’t contact for a long time. Just like Christopher Marcour in the book, I have experienced similar thing few years ago. I was visiting Shinjuku, Japan in the summer and I updated a status on facebook. My old friend that I haven’t contact for a long time sent me a message; saying that he was in Shinjuku as well; thus, we were able to meet up in Shinjuku.

Connecting parents and kids

Social media totally help families get together closer. Nowadays, people, especially parents are so busy; with the help of social media, parents now can use their time to check out their kids easily. One of my friend’s father in Taiwan is on facebook, and he often uses facebook as channel to communicate with his son in Seattle. Compare to my mom and I who talk on the phone, his father often got updated information while I usually forgot to tell my mom every time she asks me “how’s school?”

Next generation can’t speak

“You are telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give the eulogy.” This is really funny, but sadly its true. A lot of people nowadays are not comfortable in speaking in public or in face-to-face conversations since people do not usually do that as often as we used to. Because of social media, we no longer need to talk to other face-to-face as often; we just have to simply type and click.

No comments:

Post a Comment