Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Reflection of Andy Sernovitz's video

After I watched Andy Sernovitz video, I was shocked on how honest companies have to be with their customer. It is very tempting to tell 100% truth to ANYONE,especially if it is dealing with money, people's natural instinct or reflex is probably to refurbished it to the customer's preference, even if it means to lie.
We know that social media is one the major tool for companies to link with their customers. In the case of writing back comments/post takes a lot of time, especially if you are in a big , renamed company. I always position myself, what if I was the manager of for instance Zone A walmart? And one of my duties is to reply most of the posts in the blogs/facebook,etc? That will be really hard! Especially since one of the ethical rule is too never use copy paste feedback to customers! I imagine myself being so tempted to tell one of my employee to disguise and reply as me. After all, we reply in front of a screen and customers wouldn't know anyway,right?
Also, what Andy Sernovitz said about being unethical if you pay someone to write positive comments about the company also shock me because this is very common in Indonesia! People from all over Indonesia bribe! And this includes bribing people to say positive things about their company. And back there, it is not not unethical. People back there seems to think it is just another way of doing business.
I can guarantee you that if Andy Sernovitz comes to where I come from and had to share his words, majority of people would laugh because in doing business in Indonesia is totally different than in the US. Andy Sernovitz third rule must be practice by my country which is to set up training system so that they can learn NOT pay people to say good things about the company and monitor the feedbacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment