Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Social Epidemic

Facebook Takes the Lead on Engagement
Although we discussed the growing popularity of Facebook in our last class, this trend stuck out to me the most. It just stands as an emphasis as to how powerful the social aspect of life is to so many people. This importance to me leads to the importance of social media. Social media is growing to become, what I believe to be, the most viral and effective form of marketing; it's what grabs the attention of the people today.

The Tipping Point
From the brief alone, I was able to think more about a concept than I have done in while with two word, "social epidemic". This just made me more confident in my opinion about Word of mouth and its power. Word of mouth is a social epidemic in which the younger generations have become more and more influenced by the thoughts and opinions of others. It's when your younger that the aspect of word of mouth is at it's strongest points when you really think about it. And the power of word of mouth grows with you as you get older, you tend to seek others opinions before you try something new or purchase a new product. It's all a social epidemic when you look at it, something I've never realized.

No comments:

Post a Comment