Thursday, March 31, 2011

My First Marketing491 Class

First Day of Class

With the growth of social media over the past few year, marketers have been seen a potential marketing opportunity to expand their reach to customers through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and etc. Social media has become a new trend to engage with customers. Unlike traditional marketing strategy, the word of mouth marketing turns out to be more powerful and creditable way to understand consumers’ needs and wants. When I sign in this class, I did realize that social media will impact marketing and advertising industry to the whole different perspective in the future. However, unorganized and poor design social networking could damage brand awareness, lost valuable customers and etc. I am very exciting to learn how to use the word of mouth marketing in the right way to make people talk about products, services or anything. I believe the next 3 months will be a very interested journey.

What I Learned

I think the most important thing I learned during first class is “Listen to your customers!” By watching couple YouTube video, I realized that today’s market model is not around Business to Business or Business to Consumer. It’s about Business launch customers talk to other customers. In addition, companies are starting to use social media to solved consumers’ complain or unsatisfied services in a quick way. For example, Alaska and Horizon Presidents use YouTube to apologize for cancels flight after outage. I am very impressed that Alaska Airline uses the social media to explain and apologize for their serious mistakes right on the first stage.

In the end, I am looking forward to learn for word of mouth marketing!!!! And I am glad that I sing up this class. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment