Tuesday, March 29, 2011

First day of MKTG 491

Frankly, this blogging thing is a bit hard to follow up for me because I never blog before. I never do any blogging in my life, I got no social networking website or whatsoever. I did have a social networking account before but it troubled me with my privacy and I know I had to close my account. So now, the furthest I go is a MSN account and this blogging thing. The first day of class is fairly a smooth introduction to how important social media role is playing in our society. Professor Barnes showed us this short presentation on how social networking and social media is impacting our lifestyle. I was fascinated by the statistics such as only 14% of consumers will actually buy a product because of an advertisement where the rest of the percentage is drawn to purchase by the powerful words of mouth. That's quite interesting because many big companies spends millions of dollars for advertisement. I am looking forward to learn how our generations have change by technology and how I can bring this lessons to my future career in Commodities Derivatives Exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment