Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Class Experience and Book Review


Word of mouth marketing- To me is a very interesting topic because companies just need to spend small amount of money on marketing. This is the main reason why I want to know more about these tools. Another reason I take this class because now many companies hire people who know about social media. To be honest, many people in our age have been using social media, but at least I don't know how to use social media effectively. I have feeling that I will change my view of marketing after this class.




What I have learned The first thing that I have learned is about "Storytelling". In my past experience, my marketing professors never mentioned about "Storytelling" as a marketing tool. But when I think back, I just realize that those ads I remember are because of storyline which I can easily remember. However, I would like you to show us more about reality example and help us to become a storytelling person since I am not good at it.




The second thing that I remember is about only 14% of people trust TV ads. I feel little bit surprise. The fact shows that consumers lost their trust. It's truth. I always use "On Demand" to watch drama because I can skip the ads. Ads push people too much and which makes me feel that using social media to sell products is very important. Social media became success is because we trust other consumers than companies.




"Word of Mouth Marketing" book review



I quite like this book because the author uses simple words to describe. Also, the topics are very organized which I can easily follow. Some ideas change my thinking, For example, He said that "Marketing is what you do, not what you say." The other idea is very useful, but I couldn't find which pages it is. The idea is about PR are not try to cover the truth. Their job is about changing the conversation from bad to good. Using different kind of word shape people’s opinion, but PR still tell the truth.



However, when I read this book, I feel that there are not too many reality examples. Sometimes I wonder that is it worked on the business world. I think that the author should use more statistic and a little more examples to prove his points.

No comments:

Post a Comment