Tuesday, March 29, 2011

3/29 E-Marketing

My first day of class was very intriguing. As a senior status and Spring quarter being my last quarter for that matter at Seattle University, I was very meticulous about what classes I chose. I am very pleased to say this subject matter has much relevance to my future career aspirations as a Sales Associate for HP down in Sacramento, CA. I am excited to be engaged with another company throughout the quarter (hypothetically) which will be the company Light Rail. The individual and group strategy reports is something I have not yet done in my academic career and am curious to find out what it is all about. There are several websites/organizations/forms of social media that I did not know about until today's class (maybe that is just the Canadian ignorance I guess). The first of which is linkedin, the second is "the experience economy", third PCC market and fourth but not least Twitter. All of which I am going to look more in depth at over the next couple days. The main focus I got out of today's class was the five T's of word of mouth marketing which are talker's: who will tell their friends about you? Topics: What will they talk about? Tools: How can you help the message travel? Taking Part: How can you join the conversation? And Tracking: What are people saying about you? We watched a couple videos in class today and one of which stuck with me; the breathe brush commercial. It was interesting to see the approach the marketer's took for this YouTube video. They quoted "Be your customer's" and "Be an Internet user not a marketer...want people to find my ad and look for it". The advertisement itself had a very appealing touch with humor and spontaneity triggering a certain nostalgic value to it. Very memorable and impressive. To finish my blog I am going to let you know that I am currently searching for the best deals on Amazon.com for the two books I have not yet bought for this class which are required. Glad to hear the assignment is put on an extension until next Tuesday. Very hectic but positive week. Thanks for the first class!

No comments:

Post a Comment