Thursday, March 31, 2011

My first day of class

I am taking this class is because I think this is very interesting and useful class. I feel like traditional marketing is no longer a method to target customers. Social media has played an important and powerful role in our life such as Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. In order to target customers and to know what their needs and wants are, marketers need to know how to use social media effectively. Social media not only can advantage companies but also can disadvantage them. In the lecture, we watched the tongue brush commercial on Youtube. The company expended their product by posting an interesting advertising on Youtube. It has attracted lots of people watching their commercial and purchasing their product. They did not spend any money on their commercial, it showed how powerful the social media is. I am looking forward to learn more in this class. I believe after this quarter I will know more about social media and know how to use it in effectively ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment